Wednesday 10 November 2021

Day 5 Collaborate Sites

 A very difficult day today, we started with the tragic news of the death of a valued member of our DFI participants in a terrible traffic accident yesterday. Not only was Cass a participant in our shared programme, the members of my breakout bubble had learned to appreciate her positive personality and her desire to learn more for the benefit of her students at Devon Intermediate School here in New Plymouth. Such a tragic loss for her whanau, her school and her community. 

It was very difficult to focus on the day's proceedings and I took no pleasure from today's collaborative sessions, distracted by the absence of one regular collaborator. I suppose that I will derive some satisfaction from today's efforts at a later date - already I am very surprised at how much was accomplished.

Below is the title page of the teaching website on the subject of Fake News that I setup today, the website is intended for use by Year 9 and 10 students, but I can see its relevance at a lower level also. 

Here is the link to that website :

https://sites.google.com/coastaltaranaki.school.nz/mr-mcm-fake-media/home

 




2 comments:

  1. Tena koe Kenny,
    I appreciate your honestly and frankness. I agree, it was a difficult time.
    Your site looks like a great start. Love the Horrible Histories fake news song. It imparted the content in such and entertaining way.
    Arohanui,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Kenny,
    Well done on the start you were able to make on your site, despite the news of the loss of Cass. Such a shock to us all, and a huge gap for the Devon Int Community.
    We will continue to work on Google Sites this week, so there will be more time to develop these skills.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete